Nazarene Space

In 2Kings says 2:11 { Suddenly as they were walking on and talking , there appeared a firey chariot with horses of fire, and as it seperated the two of them from each other , Eliyahu went up into heaven in a whirlwind )   my question is ,,,,, did Eliyahu go to heaven . I contend yes and no .

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems obvious to me:  Shamayim H8064 השׁמים

I understand the defination of Shamayim ,  reconcil 2 Chroincles 21:12 . There different levels of heaven , the birds of the air fly in the heavens  Sha'ul knew a man ( snatched up to the third heaven )  2 Corinthians 12:2 . The word heavens mean sky in hebrew and greek . Genesis 1:20 speaks to the birds flying in the heavens . I am interested in the time line of 2Kings to 2Chronicles  , how much time between both events 

Correct, actually 7 Hebrew words were translated as "heaven". However I don't find "heaven" at 2 Cor 12:2 in any translation.

Ok , maybe I ask the wrong question ?  In 2Kings we have the Prophet Eliyah taken to heaven in a whirlwind , we have explained the levels of heaven . So how can the Prophet Eliyahu 2 Corinthians  ( 12: 2 ) be in heaven and writting a letter ? My interest lies in the time line of 2Kings and 2 Corinthians , so back to my thinking  did Eliyahu go to heaven yes and no ?   

2Co 2:12  And when I came to Troas for the Good News of Messiah, and a door was opened to me by the Master, 
2Co 2:13  I had no rest in my spirit, because I did not find Titos my brother. But taking my leave of them, I went on to Makedonia. 

I don't see Eliyahu even mentioned in the section of 2 Corinthians. I still don't understand the basis/premis of your quandary. 

My fault , 2Chronicles 21:12

Reply to Discussion

© 2018   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service