Nazarene Space

Question for discussion:

Why is the tribe of Dan excluded from the 144,000?

Views: 1119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aww gee!  I thought YOU had a theory.  I have long wondered about that. I have a half baked theory that I will try to bake.  

Scripture tells us that the Tribe of Dan went apostate early after coming into the promised land (many references in Judges and 2 Chronicles). They were very friendly with and intermarried with the people of Tyre. History claims those pagans were the sea farers called Phoenicians. I am reading a history book by a British nobleman, associated with the British royalty, written in the 1800s that claims the Phoenicians/Dan settled many parts of Europe, and as was their habit, named these places after their patriarch. After limited research, I believe, but cannot yet prove that the Tribe of Dan became known by the names of all the European elite (i.e., Merovingians) where they later joined with other Hebrews of the diaspora. I believe they are also known as the Illuminati (illuminated ones) because their pagan religion was the same as the Mysteries religion of Nimrod's Babylon that was dispersed after the Tower of Bavel. The Mysteries was taken to Egypt where Mysteries schools were established to spread its teachings far beyond Egypt. It was also the religion of the Canaanites, et al, in the Bible, and the Greeks and Romans. The Mysteries teaches ascension to god hood by stages or steps in knowledge of the Mysteries of heaven (illumination). I believe this paganism for which Dan never repented is the reason Dan lost its standing and is not part of the 144,000. This is a very simplistic explanation so I hope it is understandable. I also hope my ancestry is not with the Tribe of Dan. Praise Adonai Elohim that He had a plan to redeem us from the bonds of the evil one!

Both Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned in the list of the 144,000.   Both Dan and Ephraim had idolatrous golden calf altars built by Jeroboam.   The altar in Ephraim was at Bethel.

Ephraim is counted with Joseph.  
But here is my theory of Dan.

Half-baked Dan. Danites were worshipping false idols all the while the Ark stood at Shilo! 
DAN IS THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL associated with Judgment, and Idolatry, is a pseudo-Joseph.  Jacob had clearly seen darkness about Dan.  He groaned, “I have waited for your salvation, O Lord!” immediately after pronouncing Dan’s future. 
See texts and applications below.

Gen. 29: 5 
And she conceived again and bore a son, and said, “Now I will praise the Lord.” Therefore she called his name Judah.  Then she stopped bearing.  In  Hebrew, Judah means “praise”.

Gen. 30:3 
So she (Rachel) said, “Here is my maid Bilhah; go in to her, and she will bear a child on my knees, that I also may have children by her.” Then she gave him Bilhah her maid as wife, and Jacob went in to her. And Bilhah conceived and bore Jacob a son. Then Rachel said, “God has judged my case; and He has also heard my voice and given me a son.” Therefore she called his name Dan. In Hebrew, “Dan” means “judge”. 

Gen. 49:8 “Judah, you are he whom your brothers shall praise;

Your hand shall be on the neck of your enemies;

Your father’s children shall bow down before you.

Judah is a lion’s whelp;

From the prey, my son, you have gone up.

He bows down, he lies down as a lion;

And as a lion, who shall rouse him?

The scepter shall not depart from Judah,

Nor a lawgiver from between his feet,

Until Shiloh comes;

And to Him shall be the obedience of the people.

11  Binding his donkey to the vine,

And his donkey’s colt to the choice vine,

He washed his garments in wine,

And his clothes in the blood of grapes.

12  His eyes are darker than wine,

And his teeth whiter than milk.

Gen. 49: 16 

“Dan shall judge his people

As one of the tribes of Israel.

17  Dan shall be a serpent by the way,

A viper by the path,

That bites the horse’s heels

So that its rider shall fall backward.

18  I have waited for your salvation, O Lord!

Ex. 31: 1 Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: “See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah. And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, to design artistic works, to work in gold, in silver, in bronze, in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of workmanship.

“And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers 2&version=...
Numbers 2 discusses the order of camping and marching by Tribe.  Each of the four sides surrounding the Tabernacle (Mishkan) is flanked by a group of three tribes.  And of the three, one is specified as the leading Tribe.  The Levites camp around the Mishkan, as a barrier between it and Am Yisrael (the people of Israel).
At each of the cardinal directions were a group of three tribes headed by one of them.  The East is the preferred position.  The Mishkan faced the East.  Judah is the head of the Eastern triad of tribes.  
Next comes the South: Reuben heads this triad. 
Following the mention of the southern group, the Levites are set to camp around the Mishkan. 

Next on the West comes the Joseph-headed triad.  Interestingly it is consisted of the Sons of Rachel: Joseph’s grandsons Ephraim (the leader of the group), Manasseh (Ephraim’s brother’s tribe) and Benjamin.
Finally, on the North, the least prestigious position comes Dan’s triad including Asher and Naphtali.  This Triad is the only one lacking any offspring of Rachel and Leah.
The order of march is inherent in the order of camping.  The camp essentially unwinds: the Eastern group leads the march.  And Judah leads the Eastern Group. 
The groupings themselves are interesting.  The Eastern Group, Judah, Issachar and Zebulon are special.  Because Reuben, Simeon and Levi fell short (Reuben slept with one of Jacob’s other wives; Simeon and Levi massacre of the sons of Shechem over the Dinah incident), Judah was functionally the Firstborn.  Issachar and Zebulon were conceived in return for the “mandrakes” Reuben brought to Leah.  Leah “hired” Jacob from Rachel in return for giving Rachel the “mandrakes” which apparently allowed Rachel to conceive and bear Joseph. 
The Southern Group of Reuben, and Simeon represent the natural birth order of Leah; and Gad is the firstborn of Leah’s maidservant Zilpha.
The Western Group is purely the sons of Rachel. 
The Northern Group headed by Dan, with Naphtali and Asher, the latter two are significant for their lack of significance! 
The order of march: Judah leads his Eastern Group.  Then the Reuben leads his Southern Group.   The Levites bearing the Ark and the Mishkan components are next.  Then Ephraim’s group is directly behind the Holy train of Levites.   The last to move out was the Northern Group, headed by Dan. 

SO, here is a theory.  Judah and Dan are placed as polar opposites.  Praise (Judah) and Judgment (Dan) are equal and opposite forces.  Praise goes from Man to God: judgment from God to Man.  They are also in a sense the Alpha and Omega in regard to the order of the march. 

Further, it is a daughter of Dan whose marriage to an Egyptian resulted in the first stoning for Sabbath infringement.   
Lev. 24:10 Now the son of an Israelite woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel; and this Israelite woman’s son and a man of Israel fought each other in the camp. 11 And the Israelite woman’s son blasphemed the name of the Lord and cursed; and so they brought him to Moses. (His mother’s name was Shelomith the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan.) 12 Then they put him in custody, that the mind of the Lord might be shown to them.

13 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 14 “Take outside the camp him who has cursed; then let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
Another point is that Dan was the first born of Rachel’s maidservant.  In a sense he can be considered a counterfeit Joseph.  Yet he is endowed with equal

DAN is not counted amongst the 144000 because it is through his lineage that the Anti-Christ comes.  Gen. 49: Dan shall be a serpent by the way, A viper by the path, That bites the horse’s heels So that its rider shall fall backward. 
Dan, also was one of the tribes to pronounce the curses on Mount Ebal. 
Alholiab of Dan alone was given the same amount of the Spirit of God as Bezalel of Judah in regard to the skill to construct the Mishkan and its utensils. 
Judges 18 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges 18&version=... tells of how Danites basically stole an ephod from Micah.  It is worth reading the whole link above.  But this sums it up: “30 Then the children of Dan set up for themselves the carved image; and Jonathan the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh,[c] and his sons were priests to the tribe of Dan until the day of the captivity of the land. 31 So they set up for themselves Micah’s carved image which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh.”  This implies that the Danites were worshipping false idols all the while the Ark stood at Shilo! 
DAN IS THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL associated with Judgment, and Idolatry, is a pseudo-Joseph.  Jacob had clearly seen a darkness about Dan.  He groaned “I have waited for your salvation, O Lord!” immediately after pronouncing Dan’s future. 

Two main theories.  Either Dan is the Tribal association of the returning Messiah: coming in Judgment!(Unlikely).  OR is the tribe from which springs the Antichrist. Dan's name is traced from the rivers of eastern Europe emptying into the Black Sea: Dneister, Dneiper, Don, Danube.  And of course the Danish people... To a degree perhaps Europe is an amalgam of Danites and Edomites (Rome).  The EU is the renewed Roman Empire.  

Laurie R Giesler said:

Scripture tells us that the Tribe of Dan went apostate early after coming into the promised land (many references in Judges and 2 Chronicles). They were very friendly with and intermarried with the people of Tyre. History claims those pagans were the sea farers called Phoenicians. I am reading a history book by a British nobleman, associated with the British royalty, written in the 1800s that claims the Phoenicians/Dan settled many parts of Europe, and as was their habit, named these places after their patriarch. After limited research, I believe, but cannot yet prove that the Tribe of Dan became known by the names of all the European elite (i.e., Merovingians) where they later joined with other Hebrews of the diaspora. I believe they are also known as the Illuminati (illuminated ones) because their pagan religion was the same as the Mysteries religion of Nimrod's Babylon that was dispersed after the Tower of Bavel. The Mysteries was taken to Egypt where Mysteries schools were established to spread its teachings far beyond Egypt. It was also the religion of the Canaanites, et al, in the Bible, and the Greeks and Romans. The Mysteries teaches ascension to god hood by stages or steps in knowledge of the Mysteries of heaven (illumination). I believe this paganism for which Dan never repented is the reason Dan lost its standing and is not part of the 144,000. This is a very simplistic explanation so I hope it is understandable. I also hope my ancestry is not with the Tribe of Dan. Praise Adonai Elohim that He had a plan to redeem us from the bonds of the evil one!

They chose a false cohen, a Levite, to start an idolatrous religion for them (Judges 18:19) which they followed for generations.

Then in the last days (Gen.49:1) they have to wait for their brothers to be saved first (Gen.49:18)

Ephraim is mentioned as Yosef because he has the firstborn right.

Thank you for asking the question! I always learn so much from the different perspective's. if possible, could you tell me from what tribe the name Ramos may be from?

• I agreee that Ephraim is likely included in "Joseph."

For example: Eze 37:16. For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

• All of the tribes have been involved in idolatry at times. Therefore, what rationale would there be to single out Dan?

• The prophecies of Gen 49 refer to the "last days." (Gen 49:1) If one believes that Revelation 7 takes place in the "last days" how could Dan be completely elimated as a tribe?

• We have been in the "last days" at least since the 1st Century. Yet James addresses his letter to the twelve tribes scattered abroad." Not to all of the tribes scattered except Dan.

• These were not only prophecies, they were blessings. I don't think it would be a blessing to cease to exist as a tribe of Israel. The prophecies Moses gives in Deut 33 are called blessings as well which include Dan.

Genesis 49:33 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel: and this is it that their father spake unto them, and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.

Genesis 49:16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.

• It does not say Dan will cease to be a tribe, but the contrary. However, Benjamin almost ceased being a tribe in Judges.

Now, a theory... Levi was set apart and not numbered among the rest of Israel. However, we see Levi is counted among the 144,000 in Rev 7. The original idea was for all of the tribes to be priests and we have prophecies pertaining to a "kingdom of priests."

I think few if any would argue that these prophecies in Ezekiel have already come to pass. If the Ezekiel prophecies of the temple and tribes is still future, then it is obvious that Dan has not been cut off from being a tribe yet.

Ezekiel 48:1 Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan.

Perhaps in the future, Dan will be counted separately and be set apart from the others as Levi was in the past. This may be because of his function of judging during that time in contrast to Levi's function.

Thoughts?

"Genesis 49:16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel."

- Is it possible for this to be read "...shall be judged by..."?

While all of Isra'el was involved in paganism, a remnant repented and a remnant eventually believed (and continues to turn to) Messiah Yeshua. Save Dan. Dan took its side with the mysteries religions of the pagans and forsook his God. He sided with the serpent, that dragon of old.

It is important to look at proper Hebrew translations, readily available today. Praise the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob!

The King James translates Gen, 49:16 to say that Dan will judge his people, but the more accurate Hebrew translation is, "The people of Dan will contend (strive) with “ONE” of the branches of Israel." If I am correct, and Dan is the Illuminati, Dan has contended throughout history with the Tribe of Judah (the Messianic line) for the eventual establishment of the false Messiah. We now face the global government when the (Danite?) anti-Christ will be revealed.

Genesis 49:17 ("Dan will be a serpent “against the way” and an adder in the path that strikes at the horse heels so that his rider falls backward.") reveals that Dan will cause his brethren to fall back or away. This not about judging his brethren, it is about leading them away from God which He alone will judge.

Remember, that Dan intermarried heavily with the pagans and went off sailing into pagan lands where he left his mark - everywhere.

One side note I have pondered incessantly: if the Temple ark and birth records were safely stashed before the first exile, why would they have been destroyed with Rome's siege which wasn't overnight? How can the Temple authority currently have established who the priests will be for the third Temple? Could it be possible that Dan has a counterfeit of these records they will use when they reveal their leader of the new world order (corporate) government?

One of many really good short descriptions of this subject (there are many) is at: https://johnthewitness.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/serpent-seed-tribe-...
It pretty much agrees with all of my research.

Do not be deceived as many in the lukewarm church will be. Will the a-c be revealed, by signs and lying wonders, as coming on the clouds, as Yeshua left and is promised to return?

Keith Murray said:
  • I agreee that Ephraim is likely included in "Joseph."

For example: Eze 37:16. For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

• All of the tribes have been involved in idolatry at times. Therefore, what rationale would there be to single out Dan?

• The prophecies of Gen 49 refer to the "last days." (Gen 49:1) If one believes that Revelation 7 takes place in the "last days" how could Dan be completely elimated as a tribe?

• We have been in the "last days" at least since the 1st Century. Yet James addresses his letter to the twelve tribes scattered abroad." Not to all of the tribes scattered except Dan.

• These were not only prophecies, they were blessings. I don't think it would be a blessing to cease to exist as a tribe of Israel. The prophecies Moses gives in Deut 33 are called blessings as well which include Dan.

Genesis 49:33 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel: and this is it that their father spake unto them, and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.

Genesis 49:16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.

• It does not say Dan will cease to be a tribe, but the contrary. However, Benjamin almost ceased being a tribe in Judges.

Now, a theory... Levi was set apart and not numbered among the rest of Israel. However, we see Levi is counted among the 144,000 in Rev 7. The original idea was for all of the tribes to be priests and we have prophecies pertaining to a "kingdom of priests."

I think few if any would argue that these prophecies in Ezekiel have already come to pass. If the Ezekiel prophecies of the temple and tribes is still future, then it is obvious that Dan has not been cut off from being a tribe yet.

Ezekiel 48:1 Now these are the names of the tribes. From the north end to the coast of the way of Hethlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus northward, to the coast of Hamath; for these are his sides east and west; a portion for Dan.

Perhaps in the future, Dan will be counted separately and be set apart from the others as Levi was in the past. This may be because of his function of judging during that time in contrast to Levi's function.

Thoughts?

I love it when people come in defense of Ephraim by quoting Eze 37:16 while ignoring Eze 37:19. It says it is the stick of Joseph which is (was) in the hand of Ephraim. That is long past now. It was at one time in the hand of Ephraim but the firstborn double portion inheritance belongs to Joseph.

It went to Joseph's son only because of the law of the inheritance of the two wives' sons.

Ephraim became as one of the sons of the hated (Leah) because Jacob could not give the firstborn blessing to the son of the loved (Rachel) after Reuben lost it.

But Ephraim lost it as well for idolatry and it reverted back to Joseph.

Regardless, both sticks or staffs: the firstborn (Joseph's) and the scepter (Judah's) became one (echad) in the hand of Yahushua.

Furthermore, the valley of the dead bones prophesy already started fulfilling with Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost.

Levi is counted with the twelve tribes because the Levitical priesthood was temporary. Its temporary appearance was consequence of the Golden Calf rebellion. With the restoration of all things (Acts 3:21) the levitical priesthood is on hold and the law has been transposed to the Melchizedek priest, Yahushua.

Look at the milestones in the timeline: at Pentecost the Law was given. At Golden Calf rebellion the Levitical priesthood was inaugurated with a bloodbath of 3000 israelites. This is why it is called the ministration of death.

Fast forward, at Pentecost 3000 israelites came to life (the faith of Yahushua). To be without faith is to be dead for YHWH.

So there is a new priesthood that was ordained during the last supper. He girded Himself and washed the feet of the 12 apostles not unlike Moses who washed Aaron sons. After Aaron sons were washed they were anointed with oil. Fast forward. What happened at the upper room? The New Priesthood was anointed by the Ruach haQodesh.

Hebrews says that we have an altar which those serving at the temple may no eat. There is an altar at the Mount of Olives and it is the altar of the crucifixion and of the red heifer. The levitical-aaronic priests could not eat of the flesh of the sacrifices when the blood was sprinkled in the mercy seat at the most Holy place. But the New priesthood is commanded to eat and drink the blood in memory of Him.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service