Nazarene Space

To Whom It May Concern:

I have dealt with bible studies since kindergarten with one hour classes per day.  Since my studies have led me to study every religion, I have found contradictions or man’s influence added in just to join their church.

Elohim has opened my eyes to the Scriptures Bible, which I feel is the correct version for us to study as true Christians.

Prayer is the mainstay in the words of our savior YWHW, but we are also to do good works to help everyone who needs it….food, clothing, money and especially towards our Father’s chosen ones, His children.

I recently posted the need for to a website called http://nazarenespace.com/ ran by Dr. James Trimm which has over 2,250 members to only help me with a one dollar each donation which would have more than helped me move to the area I need to go so I am able to fix my  broken back.  Not one member responded to that request.

The money I need I do not have, but I would send Dr. James Trimm a dollar who is going to lose his home due to foreclosure that has been in his family for over fifty years but that amount is not on the donation menu.

All the members of that site should help this man, because at one time or another they might need help and not just prayers to let Elohim help us.  We are also to do works, to show others that we do help each other and give our own member the hope they will have if in fact the day comes when we need that hope.

May Elohim be with you always.  Shalom

Rick Spiva

Kayla McKagan

Medical Move to Albuquerque, NM to get Rick's back repaired with El...

Link to our donation site.

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kayla,

1) "True X-tian" is an oxymoron of sorts to those of us here. We prefer to call ourselves Nazarenes. The reasons being are many and with further targeted studies you will come to understand why this is.

2) You mentioned you had "not one member" respond. I beg to differ. As you know I did PM you and our conversation basically ended due to differing time schedules. My offer still stands by the way. Here is your then non specific, non "one dollar each" seeking, previous request...

Quote:
We have tried to seek assistance from other people of different Christian faith, but we finally realized after receiving no help that we are to rely upon Elohim which has guided us to this point in our lives and feel we must seek help from fellow brothers and sisters of like mindedness.

...are you certain your not confusing this network with another?

3) A dollar not being an option at the chip-in-counter drop down menu does not hinder anyone from changing their tithe or offering amount. It is simply there for convenience. Once at Pay-Pal this is possible.

4) Now that you are more specifically requesting cash assistance via your link I will be assisting you with what I can there also. I understand your disappointment concerning financial assistance from others. I call them wanna-be Nazarenes or 612 mitzvot Nazarene's. You know, the one's that are in utter amazement at being rebuked for their lack of a tithe or offering in the last days Mal' aki's writings mention?

First, Rick said that no one had offered to help in the financial aspect of this endeavor...not the actual move.  And I do appreciate your offer, but it all depends on a timetable that is not predictable and do not think it will work.  

Second, I don't believe he said that quote quite that way, but that is not what he meant.  I was doing the typing on this and off of his written work.  He is not computer savvy.  We have sought help from this network, nazarite.net and facebook with my Christian members and those who are like minded.

Third, the drop down menu doesn't give you an option of where exactly to what email address to donate $1 to and I think having the drop down menu inhibits ones which are not financially able to give that much to give at all.

Fourth, I thought I was quite specific in my posting we were looking for cash assistance as there is a link to donate to the fund on the page though I cannot put a widget on that but have one on my page.  

And last, yes I do call them arm chair Nazarenes for lack of tithing or offerings.  We both offer whether financial, food or what little we have to help those out who need.  We have a few children in our apartment building now that we help feed and have bought gloves for them to keep their hands warm for the winter.  It is sad that their own parents who are living off the government when they haven't earned it with paying into the system themselves do not take care of their own.

But to iterate, I typed that from Rick and put my name on it to support it.

I'm pretty blunt, so I'll just say I don't give to donation requests such as this. I give plenty of money to charity,

but to known groups and organizations. For all I know you could be a scammer.

Asking for money and kvetching about it when people don't respond is pretty tacky in my opinion.

And if you look at how many people post here, it's maybe 10-12, certainly not anywhere near 2500.

רחל בבקשה דבר בשקט בהתרסה שלך

Well Rachel Stern, you might think it's tacky, but when you are in desperate measures and there are no "charities" that help out, you do what you can.   And the website claims to have 2,250 members I believe and if only 10-12 read these, then I think that's pretty tacky and pretty sad for being people of Elohim and not helping others.  And I am not a scammer and how would I know who you are either.  I am not going to post medical records up for everyone to see since there are only actually 10-12 people who read these.  And people who do not help others in one way or another, then they lose the teachings of the Scriptures period.

And I agree with beryl etanah.  

The Jewish understanding is that one who asks for alms is not tacky, but has blessed those whom they ask, for they have given them the opportunity to do a mitzvah.  It is gentile culture that sees those who seek alms as "tacky".

It's not the asking that is tacky, it's the method and the response.

Rachel,

You said:

>Asking for money and kvetching about it when people don't respond is pretty tacky in my opinion.

Now you say:

>It's not the asking that is tacky, it's the method and the response.

You are contradicting yourself.

As for "the response"... iif it is a truthful response, should we all refrain from posting truths that you find "tacky"?

Asking for money and kvetching about it when people don't respond is pretty tacky

what she said is true and clear; the kvetching is the response, how are you not getting that.
BTW I notice alot of people asking for tithes, who don't themselves tithe, which is pretty amazing to me. "Give and it shall be given unto you."

James Trimm said:

Rachel,

You said:

>Asking for money and kvetching about it when people don't respond is pretty tacky in my opinion.

Now you say:

>It's not the asking that is tacky, it's the method and the response.

You are contradicting yourself.

As for "the response"... iif it is a truthful response, should we all refrain from posting truths that you find "tacky"?

If she had meant the kvetching was what was "tacky" then there was no need to say "Asking for money and..." the only reasonable meaning of her phrase is that she found BOTH "Asking for money" AND "kvetching about it" to be "tacky".

There is an interesting debate on whether the tithe should be tithed.  Doe a government pay tax on the taxes it receives?  And if it did, would not the mathematical effect be nullified.

I don't see how she could really have phrased it any differently, but whatever.

1. paying 10% of the 100% (tithe) would not "nullify" it, rather it would leave 90%.

2. so are you the "government" (so to speak) in this comparison ?
seems you imply they (you?) don't need to tithe.

James Trimm said:

If she had meant the kvetching was what was "tacky" then there was no need to say "Asking for money and..." the only reasonable meaning of her phrase is that she found BOTH "Asking for money" AND "kvetching about it" to be "tacky".

There is an interesting debate on whether the tithe should be tithed.  Doe a government pay tax on the taxes it receives?  And if it did, would not the mathematical effect be nullified.

This has gotten into a rather interesting discussion on tithing.  As Nazarenes, we are supposed to help others out when needed whether they believe or not because Elohim is the one in which gave to us in the first place.  He gave through Yeshua to people who did not believe without asking for anything in return.  They came up and asked Him to help.  Was that tacky of them to do?  If you have not sinned, then please throw first stone.

I, in my financial difficulties now, still give to those who need and do not expect anything back from them because Elohim will provide for our needs, but not for our wants.  There is a child h ere in our complex that is not being taken care of properly so we make sure he gets a food snack every day which Elohim did provide for us to do along with getting both him and his brother gloves to wear for the winter as they had none.  We give to those who need what is provided for us to give through Elohim.

Right now we not only face financial but health issues that are concerning to both of us.  We realize the world is facing the same set of circumstances thanks to the wicked one.  I am suffering from daily migraines while Rick is having to deal with a back that has many problems along with his knees not working to where it is difficult for him just to walk a short distance in the apartment.

We both believe Elohim will take care of the issues that we are having and His people here will be providers for this need when He speaks them in their hearts.  

And for Dr. James Trimm, I thank you for being involved with this discussion and we would like to know how to donate to your foreclosure fund as we do not have $20 to donate at this time for it to use the widget on the front page.  

And well as prayers for you and everyone on this planet, we will send as much as we can because we are known for our works to show our glory for Elohim.

And a government doesn't pay taxes on the taxes it receives; however, those taxes are supposed to be used to do good for the community and help those in the community with helpful needs such as schooling, food banks, and such.  So I see that in a way as tithing.  We believe there are many ways to tithe whether through finances or good works.

If there is a member who lives in the Albuquerque, NM area that knows of a two bedroom Section 8 home that is available to rent if they cannot tithe funds or think we are "scammers" such as people as Rachel, then please post your suggestions.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

LINKS

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by James Trimm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service